SPE Talks Tech: Top 10 Stories of 2019
Dec 24th, 2019 by SPEpodcast
In this year-end episode, we break down the most-read stories of 2019 on JPT. And we think #1 will surprise you!
Trent Jacobs and Steve Rassenfoss cover emerging technology for the Journal of Petroleum Technology (JPT), SPE's flagship publication. With SPE Talks Tech, our writers debate and discuss the hottest topics in the technical arena of the oil and gas industry.
Mentioned in this podcast
SPE Membership Join/Renew: https://www.spe.org/en/members/
JPT Website: https://pubs.spe.org/en/jpt/jpt-main-page/
Trent Jacobs 📨 email@example.com
Steve Rassenfoss 📨 firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 10 List: Most Read JPT Stories of 2019
- Shale EOR Delivers, So Why Won’t the Sector Go Big?
- Directional Drilling Becomes Office Work at Chevron, Hess
- To Solve Frac Hits, Unconventional Engineering Must Revolve Around Them
- Louisiana Austin Chalk: Hundreds of Millions Down the Drain?
- Schlumberger CEO Outlines New Vision for Company
- Digital Transformation at BP is Starting to Add Up to Billions
- Report Recounts the Missed Signals Leading to a Blowout that Killed Five
- These Five Companies are Reinventing the US Frac Fleet
- In 2040, Will There Be Jobs for Petroleum Engineers?
- UK Releases 130 Terabytes of Oil and Gas Data
- Oilfield Flares Provide a Glaring Reminder of the Drive To Produce More Oil
- Transforming Petroleum Engineers Into Data Science Wizards
- TechnipFMC To Create Two Independent, Publicly Traded Companies
- Shell’s van Beurden Ranked No.2 in CEOWorld 2019 Best CEOs List
- GE Closes Sale of Baker Hughes Shares
We hope you enjoy the SPE Podcast… and take away something useful to your job and career along the way. Your feedback is welcome, along with ideas for topics you would like to see us cover in future podcasts. You can also send your feedback to email@example.com.
Like what you are hearing? Give us a 5-star rating and leave a review – we love reading what you have to say. You can also get connected with SPE on all social media, just use #SPEpodcast.
Society of Petroleum Engineers on Social
Thanks for listening!